Monday, December 22, 2014

Guideline: How to get WIFI connection for FREE in South Korea??

It's going to be end of 2014~ Ahh new year is coming soon, thinking about it makes me ㅠㅠ My age would be... However I can't wait for 2015! ㅋㅋ because I have to finish my 2014 annual leave this upcoming January! Wee ^^! When I look for airplane ticket, some of my office mate asking me, so where you are heading to? South Korea again??! I was like!!?? Wait give me a break!! I wanna go to somewhere else too, I wanna explore new places! I decided where I'm heading to this January but on my mind and heart, its keep looking for a chance to go to Korea again someday!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Some of you might asking me what are the reasons I'm missing about Korea? Well I got so many!!ㅋㅋㅋ but one of my most missing part in Korea is their superb internet connection!ㅋㅋㅋDuring my first visit to Korea I was worried as I didn't do roaming for my phone! I wonder how can I search information via my smartphone when I don't have connection!?? As soon as we touch down, my phone automatically get connected at airport! Wee ^^

Then when we stayed at guesthouse at Incheon and Seoul, we don't have to worry about it as they provide WIFI connection for us! The problem is what if I need to search for something while we were in public area??! During my first day, when we were at public area, I try to search for WIFI connection on my smartphone! Guess what??!!!!!! It's turn up a lot!ㅋㅋㅋ I mean there are few free WIFI connection! I'm happily connecting and browsing for information!^^ My other two travel mate find its quite difficult for them to get connection via their phone! They use IPhone and I'm using Samsung Galaxy, so whenever they asking me why I can get connected, my answer is "owh my phone was in its hometown"!~ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Anyway, for those who plan to visit Korea, do not worry if you don't roam your phone! (Roaming cost will be expensive!) or if you didn't have plan to buy their sim card (their sim card size is different than certain country phone) There are plenty of free WIFI that allow you to get connecting with your family or loves one at almost everywhere! Inside bus, subway, taxi, or even inside ferry/cruise!Another hot spot for free WIFI  is their bus stop! ㅋㅋ Here are some free WIFI that you can use  but I can't guarantee you 100% its works but you can try it because last time its work for me! ^^ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

WIFI spot                                                          Password

SK   = a123456789
Tbroadnet  =      a123456789
KT SSID, KT_WLAN  =    1234567890 / 123456789a / 1234567890c
Egg 택시 (Taxi) =             SHOW3382
KWI-B2200T, KWI-2200  = SHOW3382/ password
HellowD (헬로우디) =  534f4b4354
Hellowireless, SO070VOIP  =   534f4b4354
세븐일레븐 (7-Eleven)  =     2127393302
맥도날드 (McDonalds) =  16005252 (McDonalds Delivery number)
tobis                                =1234
스타벅스 (Starbucks) = (phone number of Starbucks branch you at; check on their receipt)
myLGnet, myLG070   =  123456789a/987654321a/1234567890/MyLGNetfe07
iptime, anygate,zio, linksys    =  No default passwords





p/s: Owh I didn't mentioned why their internet connection was superb right? Well their speed connection is super fast!! More than twice faster than in America!!ㅋㅋ Korea internet is the most faster in the WORLD yet my Korean friends still complain sometimes that their internet speed is slow which is I really don't get it! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Can you imagine, for uploading about 30-40 photos takes less than 4 seconds?? You can refer list of country ranking for internet speed here . 

Sources: http://seoulistic.com/quick-tip/how-to-get-free-wifi-anywhere-in-korea-2/
               http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds

photo Credit: souqamal.com
                       amalfiresort.com.au
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment