Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Korean Food: ODENG (오뎅) is a MUST during WINTER???!!

I'm BACK!! Missing me?? :P Yes I know I HAVEN'T write any ENTRY for THREE week! ㅠㅠ I miss to WRITE and SHARE information with all of YOU but due to my busyness I DON'T have time to make some RESEARCH and write.. My NEPHEW got married, so rest of FAMILY were extremely BUSY! Thank God, all went smoothly! Pheww!

LAST entry was on late AUTUMN isn't it?? I can't remember well!ㅠㅠ... WINTER finally arrived! Wee ^^ Some of my KOREAN and JAPANESE FRIENDS sent me snow PHOTOS and VIDEOS! Ahh I CAN'T wait for my WINTER trip!!ㅋㅋㅋ Speaking about that, I might be BUSY again for following WEEKS since I have to FINISH my work BEFORE I go for my TRIP!! I have TWO UPCOMING trip on JANUARY!! Hmm WHY we MUST pay VAT on JANUARY??!! Grr >-< Plus I have to FINISH my ANNUAL LEAVE before END of JANUARY!ㅠㅠ Still STRUGGLING scheduling my WORK/time!ㅠㅠ

Anyway lets MOVE to my TOPIC today! Harsh WINTER is coming, so WHAT else you can do to keep yourself WARM??? Yes of course I KNOW that wear ENOUGH layers is a MUST! What about SOMETHING else?? Like FOOD??? Any idea?? O-o FEW years ago I WROTE about bbong eo bbang (붕어빵) and hobbang (호빵), these FOODS are FAMOUS street food during WINTER! Its EASY to get, AVAILABLE almost everywhere in KOREA and INEXPENSIVE too! ^^ㅋㅋㅋ

For THIS year I CHOOSE something else!ㅋㅋㅋ Have you heard about ODENG () ?? I know,some people especially JAPANESE will say that THIS winter food is ORIGINALLY from JAPAN, but hey why would we CARE much about it! FOODS, something that we SHARED all the time regardless WHERE it come from!ㅋㅋㅋ  Practically ODENG are WELL KNOWN in Korea, Japan and Taiwan that it can HELP people to keep some WARM during WINTER!The BEST part is its YUMMY too!!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Personally I HAVEN'T try it since I NEVER went to KOREA during winter!ㅋㅋㅋ Yes I SAW it during other SEASONS but as MUSLIM, I should ASK first about INGREDIENT for DOING it and the PROCESS of MAKING the BROTH! At THAT time I was RUSHING so I DON'T have time to ask about it! Hmm maybe NEXT time during my UPCOMING winter trip??ㅋㅋㅋ I did ASKED some of my KOREAN friends and make some RESEARCH, most of  THEM said Odeng or Eomuk literally MAKE from FISH. For the BROTH, this DEPEND on the SELLER, some ONLY use vegetable, salt, soy sauce. However some might USE animals sources, like chicken stock, beef stock, pork lean stock or seafood! For MUSLIM, if you wanna try I think you better make sure to ASK FIRST!! ^^  




p/s: I think ODENG is NOT only FAMOUS at East of Asia COUNTRIES, we have our OWN version of ODENG too!ㅋㅋ Of course with DIFFERENT name!ㅋㅋㅋ Plus we DON'T have winter, so its AVAILABLE 365 days at my country!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

p/s: For MUSLIM, you must be EXTRA careful! Not ONLY about animal lean for BROTH! For making odeng itself, some use RICE WINE! Make sure to ASK about that too! ^^ Some of my Korean friend said they DON'T, but there are so many RECIPES to make Odeng so, its just for precautions, ASK BEFORE TRYING!~

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden
               http://www.10mag.com/a-taste-of-korea-odeng/#

Photo Credit: flickr.com
                      gyopo.wordpress.com
               

No comments:

Post a Comment