Friday, January 13, 2017

Guideline: Expiry Date??? O-o

A YEAR ago, TODAY (12/1/2016) at this hour I was at AIRPORT waiting for my FLIGHT and I was so EXCITED as its going to be my very FIRST time to build SNOWMEN with my BARE hands!ㅋㅋㅋ However TODAY, I was sitting here in my SMALL room cherish those MOMENT.. I wish I can TURN back the time! lol It's been the FIRST time on JANUARY I was sitting at HOME after a few YEARS I traveled ABROAD, what a different FEELING!ㅠㅠ I wish I'm NOT here now instead at somewhere else..

Ok lets STOP whining, and back to the TOPIC above. At FIRST I have NO idea about THIS, I mean everybody check EXPIRY DATE, BEST BEFORE or USED BY when they buy FOOD or BEVERAGE right? Then why we DISCUSS about this?O-o, It is because many COUNTRIES have DIFFERENT way to READ it.ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I only NOTICE this when SOMEONE asking me HOW to read EXPIRY date in KOREA! Then pop up on my MIND that I should WRITE about this.ㅋㅋㅋ

Maybe some of YOU might WONDER why its IMPORTANT to talk ABOUT this right??ㅋㅋ Well for a TRAVELER like me, of course it is IMPORTANT to know HOW to read it PRECISELY as I cannot FALL sick due to my OWN ignorance. FAILURE to check the EXPIRY date of food or beverage during your TRIP may LEAD you to have FOOD POISONING. I know in most COUNTRY, they WON'T sell anything that PASS expired date however sometimes people MISS look about it.ㅋㅋㅋ  

Lets' CHECK on how to READ expiry date either at FOOD/BEVERAGE or even COSMETICS at your COUNTRIES after this~ At my COUNTRY, we READ our EXPIRY date by DATE following by MONTH and YEAR. However in KOREA, its DIFFERENT. Their EXPIRY date is by YEAR, follow by MONTH and DATE

I TRIED to ask AROUND and check on INTERNET but I COULDN'T found SPECIFIC reasons why it is DIFFERENT from ONE to ANOTHER. One of my friend said, maybe its ACCORDING to their COUNTRY calendar/DATE  system CODE. Most WESTERN countries apply GREGORIAN Calendar so MOST of them use DATE, MONTH, and YEAR (DD/MM/YY). While on NORTHEAST ASIA most of them USING their OWN calendar like LUNAR, IMPERIAL calendar so they READ it by YEAR, MONTH and DATE (YY/MM/DD)


                             PRODUCT ORIGIN: SOUTH KOREA

                              PRODUCT ORIGIN: JAPAN

                              PRODUCT ORIGIN: AUSTRALIA

                              PRODUCT ORIGIN: INDONESIA

                              PRODUCT ORIGIN: MALAYSIA

                              PRODUCT ORIGIN: THAILAND

                            PRODUCT ORIGIN: SWEDEN

p/s: During trip, we SHOULD aware about EVERYTHING to AVOID  having DIFFICULTY, EXPIRY DATE is one of it. Feel FREE to SHARE how to read EXPIRY DATE or BEST BEFORE from your COUNTRY so we can HELP each other~ 

P/S: For those who CURIOUS about the DIFFERENCES between EXPIRY DATE/BEST BEFORE/USED BY may  refer here for more information. 

Sources: http://cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/54717/how-should-i-interpret-this-expiry-date
               https://www.reference.com/food/read-food-expiration-date-codes-4a399c71bdee176d
               http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/do-food-expiration-dates-matter#1
               http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/5-things-you-should-know-about-food-expiry-dates- 
               1.1181951


No comments:

Post a Comment