Monday, December 26, 2016

Throwback#Places: Hwaseong Fortress

Hey guys, HOW are you doing??I bet you guys have a WONDERFUL Christmas isn't it??ME?O-o Well I'm NOT celebrate it ㅋㅋㅋ. It's HARD to explain the reasons though. Anyway HAPPY BELATED CHRISTMAS to you guys.ㅋㅋ HOLIDAY mood is still on ^^ and since I have NOTHING much to do, I just looking back my TRAVEL photos again and again~ I'm MISSING traveling but at this MOMENT I CANNOT go prior to my COMMITMENT.ㅠㅠ Too BAD~ These days so MANY things happening and I'm getting TIRED each day. That's ONE of the reasons why I COULDN'T write as USUAL on this blog, NOT because I DON'T want to but I have NO idea, my mind and heart EMPTY.. 

Looking BACK my travelling photos MAYBE can bring back some IDEAS to write or perhaps its actually a SIGN for me to take a BREAK for a while.. Lets' SEE if I get the ANSWER from it.ㅋㅋㅋ As I looking back my PHOTOS, I feel WOW! There are many PLACES I've WENT in these short 5 YEARS and I've been to some UNESCO site. I DON'T know since when I grow a FOND of visiting UNESCO site ㅋㅋ. I'm sure you guys KNOWS what UNESCO is all about isn't it?? Aha maybe I SHOULD give a link here? lol    

For TODAY, I will share with all of you, a PLACE that I've visited in KOREA, and it had been LISTED as ONE of UNESCO site since 1997. For those who had VISITED Korea, Im sure you probably get USED with SEOUL isn't it?? However have you heard about SUWON?? This area is very CLOSE to Seoul, 30 km from SEOUL plus it's take approximately 1 hour to REACH there by SUBWAY. The UNESCO site that I'm talking about is HWASEONG FORTRESS, located at Suwon si, Gyeonggi-do. 

It's been said that Hwaseong Fortress had been BUILD to DISPLAY the King FILIAL piety towards his FATHER, Jangheonseja. This fortress also been build as a NEW pioneer city of its ECONOMIC power during the REIGN of King JEONGJO. Total length of 5.74 kilometer of this FORTRESS been point out as ONE of the GREAT military defensive for that PERIOD as it cover both FLAT and HILLY land. HWASEONG Fortress also DIFFERS from Fortress in CHINA or JAPAN.

HWASEONG fortress been bind by FOUR gates. These FOUR gates FACE each cardinal directions which is NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST. Each gates have their OWN special FUNCTIONS and differs from ONE to another. EAST gates known as CHANGNYONGMUN, while WEST gate known as HWASEOMUN, and these TWO gates are SINGLE-STOREY structure. For NORTH and SOUTH gates, BOTH are made by WOODEN structures on STONE bases and both LINK to the MAIN road. NORTH gate known as JANGANMUN and PALDALMUN is the SOUTH gate. For more INFORMATION about this FORTRESS you may read it here.

During my VISIT, it was AUTUMN and as its CHILLING, ME and my FRIEND COULDN'T finish to explore each AREAS.ㅋㅋㅋ We walk HALF way then we STOPPED as we were too TIRED! lol Perhaps because we are NOT fit enough to walk through HILLY areaㅋㅋㅋ. Owh this fortress also FAMOUS as one of SPOT where few HISTORICAL Korean drama shooting LOCATION, for example JEWEL IN THE PALACE and  LATEST drama of LOVE IN THE MOONLIGHT. Variety program of 2 DAYS 1 NIGHT also spot been FILMING here.

To ENTER Hwaseong Fortress, you need to PAY for TICKET, located at EACH gate area. At that time we ENTERED it at SOUTH gate I guess. ㅋㅋㅋ Hwaseong Fortress also held few ACTIVITIES during autumn such as SUWON HWASEONG CULTURAL FESTIVAL. I tried ONE of their TRADITIONAL games when I was THERE. ^^  











p/s: For PARK BOGUM fans, thinking of snap some COOL PHOTOS where he's used to SHOOT?           you should COME over!ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I think this ENTRY might be the LAST entry for 2016. See           you in 2017! ^^ HAPPY HOLIDAYS and ADVANCED HAPPY NEW YEAR OF 2017.

Sources: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/817
               http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=264204
               https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwaseong_Fortress
               http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=2435174


No comments:

Post a Comment