Thursday, February 12, 2015

Language: Konglish??!

I'm back! After one week away and no new entry! Missing me?? O-o ㅋㅋ Anyway, have any of you had Korean as a friend in real life?? Whether they live around you or just online friend? I had many of them, and whenever I go around I kept bump with Korean! Sometimes I felt funny when I think about it!ㅋㅋㅋ During my last flight to Egypt (my vacation) for my four time of boarding, I've been served all by Korean flight attendants! I didn't choose to and I didn't take Korean Air though! ㅋㅋ I just sit on my seated number then I saw them! I was like!!??? Oh my!! Even here I were around them??! I'm in disbelief! ㅋㅋㅋ

Since most of my circle are Koreans, (I spend most of my time with computer/smart phone everyday) these days I can tell what they wanna talk about even they not yet talk about it or whenever their words/sentence is wrong!ㅋㅋㅋ I still remember long time ago, before I went to Korea and meet most of my Korean friends, most of their concern is that they are not fluently in English! Some of them asking me, what if I don't speak much to you compare when we chat on the internet?? it's not that I become shy or what, it's just I have less confident talking in English! They told me that! ㅋㅋ I said it's ok I already get used to it, I understand Konglish as well!ㅋㅋㅋ. That's surprised them!ㅋㅋ

What is Konglish that I'm talking about??? You can refer it hereApart from that, I guess most of us aware right, that in every non English speaker countries, whenever they try to speak English, there must be accent or slang with it! It's not a new language but English come with different accent from different regions.ㅋㅋ As Korean alphabet pronounce R similar with L so sometimes words that start with R, they will pronounce it as it start with L!ㅋㅋㅋ One of the example is they wanna said "right" but they said "light"! At first I heard it, I was like @-@?? Why suddenly talk about light?? Then I found out its actually "right"! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Another popular term is "Naver" instead of "Never", this words normally appear when they typing, "Naver is actually a search engine that very popular among Korean, its's like Korean Google, but since they use it all the time to search anything, they type it as "naver" instead of "never" to show that they haven't or not ㅋㅋ! Any of you have experience like this?? Feel free to leave comment :P




p/s: Anyone understand what that sentence tell about?? ㅋㅋ If you do let me know, lets' see if you  get it correct or wrong! ㅋㅋㅋ

Source:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konglish
               http://www.naver.com/

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment