Friday, April 24, 2015

Seasons: Royal Azelea Festival

It's been 3 spring seasons^^ since I starts this blog, time flies so fast.... Normally whenever spring coming I will covering about cherry blossom festival around Korea isn't it?? However have you realized something different on this spring seasons?? I didn't write any specific post about cherry blossom, neither posting any of its photos ㅋㅋ Is it because I didn't receive any Cherry blossom photos from my Korean friends?? ㅋㅋㅋ Well its NOT true, I got plenty photos of 2015 cherry blossom but I decided NOT to cover about it.ㅋㅋ Spring is NOT ONLY about cherry blossom, there are few other types of flowers that bloom during spring!!ㅋㅋㅋ ^^ 

Those flowers are Tulips, Royal AzaleaCanola flowers and etc?? For today I would like to share about Royal Azelea. Have anyone seen Royal Azelea?? O-o Royal Azelea known as one of Rhododendron species and its one of NATIVE flower in Korean Peninsula. This flower grown a lot on Korean hillside forest. There are few colors of Royal Azelea in Korea, which is white, hot pink, light purple or even red?? I'm not sure about its color ㅋㅋ, is it red or orange?ㅋㅋㅋ  Since there are so many flowers during spring you might wondering how to differentiate it right?? ㅋㅋ 

If you notice at its upper three petals, there are small red spots then wee ^^ you found the correct flower!ㅋㅋㅋ This flower bloom on late spring to early summer. I guess I saw it when I was in Korea back in 2012! Perhaps I forgot to take it photos! ㅠㅠ In Korea if it color is white they called it as Huincheoljjuk, (흰철쭉) generally Royal Azelea known as Cheoljjuk (철쭉). Royal Azelea also been chosen as local symbol for certain cities or counties in Korea, including Jeju Province, Gapyeong and Miryang. Basically Azelea is well known as symbol of femininity and softness

Let say if a guy give a girl Royal Azelea bouquet, what does it means?? Did it shown that the guy kind of softness guy??? ㅋㅋ Don't get me wrong! :P Its actually the symbol of person who receive it to take a good care of themselves for their partner, as well to stay BEAUTIFUL!ㅋㅋㅋ However be aware if you get a bouquet of Royal Azelea in BLACK vase! They said this flower is infamous for toxicity hence when you receive it in BLACK vase meaning its a DEATH THREAT! I'm not sure if it true or simply a myth though! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ For anyone who interested to see Royal Azelea, you can visit this festival.







p/s: For Korean, Royal Azelea is known for beauty, strong vitality and passion! It's also been chosen         as a symbol flower for University of Seokyeong

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhododendron_schlippenbachii  
               http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azalea
               http://en.canadianflowerdelivery.com/flower-meaning/azalea.aspx
               http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=1810584
               http://eng.skuniv.ac.kr/symbols_and_identity

Photo Credit: My Korean Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment