Thursday, September 24, 2015

Throwback# Places: Daegu Downtown

Daegu is another VIBRANT metropolitan city in South Korea, located somewhere SOUTH EASTERN of Seoul. It took around 3 hours and 40 minutes from Seoul to Daegu. As a CAPITAL city for Gyeongsangbuk-do, this city hold over 2.5 million RESIDENTS with FAMOUS slogan "COLORFUL DAEGU".

Colorful Daegu NOT only famous for vivacious city, but it also known as "APPLE CITY". Im NOT talking about Apple firm ㅋㅋㅋ, don't get me wrongㅋㅋ, its completely DIFFERENT story.ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Daegu known as "Apple city" because of its HUMID subtropical climate,makes this city is ONE of the BEST producing high QUALITY apple area.

Apart from that, DAEGU also KNOWN as "TEXTILE city" as this INDUSTRY is used to be ONE of PILLAR sources for the CITY .During my 2013 trip to KOREA, I STOPPED by at Daegu while Im on my WAY back to SEOUL from Busan.

Actually I have NO idea what is so SPECIAL about DAEGU, ㅋㅋㅋ but I have a FRIEND there. ^^ Since I'm on my WAY to Seoul, why NOT I stopped by and meeting my FRIEND!^^I spend FEW hours in Daegu and STROLLING around Daegu. As we DON'T have a plenty of TIME to go around, she just bring me to DAEGU DOWNTOWN.ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Every CITY in Korea have DIFFERENT downtown area or STYLE according to its REGION. I've been to Gwangju Downtown, Busan Downtown and Gimhae Downtown but NOTHING beat Daegu Downtown! ㅋㅋㅋ ONE of street that I've been at Daegu downtown is Yangnyeongsi Market. This area is completely DIFFERENT from any OTHER downtown I've been to! Surrounding by HERBS and ORIENTAL medicine remind me of their history (I've seen some in their drama)!ㅋㅋㅋ

My friend also gave some explanation about those HERBS and the BENEFIT of oriental medicine. After a while we STOPPED by at Daegu Yangnyeongsi Museum of Oriental Medicine. This museum NOT only FAMOUS among KOREANS but its also an INTERNATIONAL HUB of oriental medicine to people in CHINA, RUSSIA and EUROPE for several CENTURIES!Whoaaa!

Reading about  HOW this MUSEUM been SET UP make me REALIZED another FACT of why they choose "COLORFUL DAEGU" as CITY SLOGAN,ㅋㅋㅋ this city NOT only FAMOUS as APPLE CITY, TEXTILE CITY but widely KNOWN since LONG time ago for FANCY stuff which is HERBS! (Some of herbs is FREAKING expensive!)ㅠㅠ






p/s: After I had KOREAN GINSENG drink, my BLOOD PRESSURE went back to NORMAL! ㅋㅋㅋ I'm struggling with LOW blood pressure for quite LONG TIME!ㅠㅠ Well I'm NOT sure if KOREAN GINSENG drink HEAL me or maybe because I ate too much SEAFOOD while I'm in KOREA?? @-@ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Sources: http://english.daegu.go.kr/cms/cms.asp? 
              Menu=97&Category=2&Action=view&TourId=206
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daegu
              http://dgom.daegu.go.kr/eng/sub02/sub02_01.asp  

No comments:

Post a Comment