Monday, October 26, 2015

Trend: Pastries Industries turn SOUTH KOREANS to be more WESTERNERS???

Long long time ago, South Korean having rice as their main dishes all the time. This including breakfast, lunch as well dinner. However during these past few years we can see the trend changing! In fact NOT only in South Korea but almost across ALL Asia! ㅋㅋㅋ Why I choose South Korea then?? I choose South Korea because this country favor me more. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Travel have taken me to a few countries, yet I found myself back and forth to Korea for few times! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even I've been there three times so far, I felt there are still so much to explore!ㅋㅋHowever, I take a break for one or two years maybe as to give myself a chance to explore other countries too! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Looking at our topic, maybe my next trip to Korea (somewhere in the future) ll be eye opener to me?? Or I will find new side of Korea as its quite hard to look for RICE while I'm there??ㅋㅋ I hope NOT!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Everyday I have to eat RICE at least once!! ㅋㅋㅋ Don't take away my rice!~ ㅠㅠ I can't live without RICE!!ㅋㅋㅋ

Apart from that, we know that Korean are obsessed with anything that looks cute!! Just list it down, from fashion, pets, even to meals!ㅋㅋㅋ For me if meals/food are too cute I might NOT eat it! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even though you guys knows right that I'm addicted to their coffee??Too bad I'm NOT a fan for their pastries!!ㅋㅋㅋ It's NOT because the taste is NOT up to my expectation but I need to make sure is it HALAL or not. That's one of the reason, why I don't eat it much! Another reason is like other people, seen such cute pastry, cake or dessert I cannot help myself to snap some of  photos! yet I can't eat it!ㅋㅋ

Back to our topic, do you know why these days Korean are more keen to pastries, cake or dessert?? The first reason is due to their hectic schedule! Many Korean wives who works prefer to prepare bread/toast for family breakfast instead of rice.ㅋㅋㅋ This is because to preparing rice, it takes many times and most of them need to rush to the office!! Preparing toast is simple as A, B,C compare preparing rice with side dishes!ㅋㅋ Some even just buy it from shopping mall and add some other stuff like cheese, jammed, peanut butter or chocolate syrup! Depend on their taste buds.ㅋㅋ

Another reason is quite cliche.ㅋㅋㅋ People might wonder why I said like that isn't it?? Well there are many Korean who adores western culture!!ㅋㅋ For them western culture is the best!ㅋㅋㅋ Hearing it makes me think "aha!quite.." ㅋㅋ It's not only culture but almost anything related to The State.ㅋㅋ Movie, drama, ability to fluent in American English and even food!ㅋㅋㅋ For them eating fancy bread or pastries will make people around kept eye on them.ㅋㅋㅋ Hmm I'm NOT sure if I used correct phrase!ㅋㅋㅋ However one of my Korean friend said that.ㅋㅋㅋ Which I found it quite funny! ㅋㅋㅋ

Those two reasons already show some significant downturn to rice producing! I guess some people think that this topic is not much important isn't it?? I mean people might says," who cares?? If I eat pastries or rice"??ㅋㅋ For those whose NOT working in agriculture sector might think that way ㅋㅋㅋ However for farmers who planting paddy, this had affected them! Poor them.. Yes Korea produce both paddy as well wheat. However paddy production is greater than wheat. This make them to import more wheat from outside to cover the demand. If you asking me which one you prefer I still said rice ㅋㅋㅋ because for me eating those pastries cannot fill my tummy for a long time!ㅋㅋㅋ








p/s: Too cute pastries??? Well, yes but its contains so much sugar in it! ㅋㅋㅋ Be careful or you will register yourself as diabetic patient soon ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Photo Credit: alltheawe.wordpress.com
                      tumblr.com
                      flyingonajetplane.wordpress.com
                      pinterest.com
                      en.wikipedia.org

No comments:

Post a Comment