Friday, January 1, 2016

Tradition: Watching sunrise on New Year??? Why Korean do this?

WELCOME 2016!!^^
It's New Year AGAIN!!!Wee ^^ A brand new year that I can't WAIT!! HAPPY but at the same time SIGH, plus another YEAR to our age!ㅠㅠ I felt ohh I'm getting OLD ㅠㅠ but hey lets be POSITIVE, AGE is just a NUMBER!!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  

We KNOWN that EVERY 31 DECEMBER, people around the GLOBE were ANTICIPATED with New Year EVE; most of them looking FORWARD for CONCERT, COUNTDOWN and FIREWORKS!! For those who WILLING to STUCK in the CROWDED for seen the FIREWORK, I HOPE you guys ENJOY it wherever you are!!^^

HOWEVER for ME, I prefer to stay at HOME, sit on the COUCH watching on TV, the celebration of NEW YEAR EVE around the WORLD ㅋㅋㅋ. YES you can CALL me OLD FASHION but I already get USED with those sequence of New Year Eve CELEBRATION since I was YOUNG!ㅋㅋㅋ

So HOW about other TRADITION???O-o  Most at WESTERN countries, after FIREWORK on new year eve NOTHING more SPECIAL.ㅋㅋㅋ PARTY?? That's NORMAL for them!ㅋㅋ New year or NOT, PARTY is just a PARTY!ㅋㅋㅋ However in EAST ASIA countries, its DIFFERENT. Like in SOUTH KOREA, most of them BELIEVE seen SUNRISE on NEW YEAR is such special TRADITION/RITUAL. It's hold PROFOUND meaning to them!

WHY they think its so SPECIAL??O-o I do some RESEARCH and ASKED some of my Korean friends. They SAID in order to see SUNRISE on NEW YEAR, it need VERY HIGH courage for them to ENDURE harsh COLD weather with such a HUGE crowd!I'm NOT talking about 20 to 50 PEOPLE,ㅋㅋㅋ its nearly 100 000 PEOPLE gather at the MOST favorite SPOT which is JEONGDONGJIN, Gangneung, Gangwon to see the SUNRISE every year!!ㅋㅋㅋ

MANY Korean love to see SUNRISE at MOUNTAIN PEAK!!Can you IMAGINE how they HIKING with COLD weather and too MANY people?? For me HIKING during WINTER is ONE of the TOUGHEST part! I CAN'T bring myself to THINK about it!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ APART from that, some choose to GATHER near the SEA for the same PURPOSE. Here are some other FAVORITE SPOT for seeing SUNRISE!  For THEM, seen the SUN RISING during NEW YEAR is the BEST MOMENT to say their  PRAYER and HOPE for the NEW BEGINNING!!! It also considered as a BEST TIME for SELF REFLECTION




p/s: PERSONALLY, I think its WORTH for seen a STUNNING SUN RISE after all hardest ship, and surround by your LOVE one seen it will create a BEAUTIFUL moment for you!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016!!

Sources: http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2998952
               http://blog.korea.net/?p=14384
        http://www.hanyang.ac.kr/user/indexSub.action;jsessionid=9YgdmWDVVYo51thuF7GQsusR8EY2Di88ibuZ5o6N1qWKC0LIOqEaAYYzbCyzkNj6?codyMenuSeq=1292&siteId=hanyangeng&menuType=T&uId=7&sortChar=G&menuFrame=left&linkUrl=07_03.html&mainFrame=right&dum=dum&command=weekly_view&weeklyFile=i&weeklyId=2013-01-1-j%20&weeklyViewType=eng_list&year=2015&month=&search=


Photo Credit: happynewyear2016-images.com
                      english.visitkorea.or.kr.



No comments:

Post a Comment