Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Korea Trip Journal: Day 2

I believe most of you read about my first difficulties in my Korea Trip Journal: Day 1  right? so here are the next entry ^^. Since I already figure out how to go to the subway station by myself, at morning on second day, with subway map I encourage myself to give a try!! ^^ Well this is not the first time I'm riding subway at Seoul because this is my second trip. However yes this is my first ever riding subway ALONE in Seoul!! I felt everything in between! What if I got a wrong transfer or direction?? ㅋㅋㅋ

I read the signage/direction few times and keep checking my map before I use my T-Money card. Luckily I have it, so I can show off a bit! Hahha!! :P Well one of the good tips going alone abroad is, never show that you kind of worry or lack of confident because you might attract bad people on you!!

I promised to one of my Korean friend to meet at Sindorim Station at 10:00a.m. I noticed that I'm a bit late, its another 20 minutes before 10!! @_@ So after I ensure that I'm in correct direction I get on the subway. Some people were starring at me, I felt a little bit uncomfortable but I didn't do anything wrong so why would I felt that?? I just ignored them and keep looking at the announcement board as well listen to the announcement attentively. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

After 4 stations, I arrived at Sindorim. It's 9:59 a.m! I just promised my friend that we will meet there however we didn't say the location, I mean which gate or do I need to go upstairs. I figure out that my WIFI didn't work out!! Ohh My!!! How can I contact my friend?? I can't call him as I didn't make roaming, and I didn't know how to use public phone!!! I wait downstairs,moving here and there to check if I got a WIFI signal. ㅠㅠ

Then after waiting about 7 minutes I decided to go upstairs, and then I got his katalk alert asking where I am, I try to reply but it didn't work! ㅠㅠ I keep walking until I heard someone call my name! Finally I met my friend!! Pheew!! I know that he's a bit angry as I'm late.. The fact is I'm not! Its just I can't contact him!! He asked me why am I late?

I explain to him but its seems he can't get my message as too many people. Then I write on my phone and showed to him. After some explanation and showing him that my WIFI didn't work out, only then he understood. ㅋㅋㅋ We transfer our subway to LINE 1 until Bupyeong station and had another transfer for Incheon LINE 1 until our last destination which is Central Park.

Central Park is the subway station name but actually we were in Songdo Park, Incheon. This is a new place, very cozy and full with foreigner. There are Koreans too but this place is kind of exclusive place for expatriate. We go around and snap a lot of scenery pictures. Once we get tired we stop for a while and talk, then again we snap pictures.

After taking so many photo, we try to find out the seafood restaurant he google earlier but since Songdo Park is huge we have no idea where is was!!ㅋㅋㅋ We crossing so many roads, still couldn't find it and we were about to give up! We decided to look another seafood restaurant for the last time! If we can't find it we plan to go to another place. At last we found one restaurant!! Pheww, ^^so we had fish for our lunch.

He ask me about the food taste, for me its fine but he told me that the food taste were bad. Well I'm not a Korean so I don't know much about it! ㅋㅋㅋ After finish our lunch we plan to go to Sky Park but since he's not feeling well we decided to go off. Before we separate he accompany me to buy coat/jacket as it was too cold! We kept looking for it at Sindorim Mall but couldn't find the good one. After go out from the mall and thinking that's he's not feeling well, I told him to go back inside the mall and buy one hoodie or sweater.

Looking here and there about 10 minutes, I decided to buy one sweater; my friend told me that he wanna pay for it, I said NO! My sweater so I should pay for it!! We kept talking about it until finally we decided to do dutch ㅋㅋㅋ! He told me to give him 25 000 won, the remaining he ll pay for it. I'm not sure the price of that sweater though!! He paid the rest and even give me the change!! He told me that he wanna give me the sweater as a present but I decided to dutch. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What a nice guy! ^^. Then we ride subway on different direction.

I reached my guesthouse around 5:50 p.m, its already dark!! Shower and rest for a while. About 7:20 p.m I go out again to meet another friend. He wait for me at Hapjeong station. This time I told my friend to wait for me at gate 5 so that if my WIFI still not yet working at least we didn't waste our time to look for each other. ㅋㅋㅋ. After met him at Hapjeong station we heading to Hongdae and look for a seafood house. We managed to find one seafood house and had our dinner there. Since I'm not used to grill seafood at Malaysia, he grilled all seafood for us! ㅋㅋㅋ

While eating we talking, and decided to go to Dongdaemun. I feel that its quite cold and sweater is not enough so I wanna look for a coat. We ride on subway and had a transfer at city hall (LINE 1) then we get off at Dongdaemun station. Its already cold but we still looking for a coat or jacket ㅋㅋㅋ. Finally I got it! Not a very good jacket but at least, it can make me warm!!ㅋㅋ ^^  Then he sent me to the subway station and we go on different way.

I reached guesthouse around 12:00 a.m. Fun day for me!! ^^ My other room mate already there ㅋㅋㅋ, so for the first time I met my other room mate, she's Japanese and another one is from Busan. We chat for a while then off to bed. ^^

Songdo Park

Our lunch (밥)

Our lunch: Mae Yun Tang (매운탕)

Side dishes (반찬)

Sindorim Mall

A gift from my friend ^^

Our dinner

Dongdaemun

Jacket I bought at Dongdaemun

p/s: I don't know why my pictures sometimes appears like that! ㅠㅠ I try to rotate it and look up at setting but yet it still like that!!! Grrrr! :/








No comments:

Post a Comment