Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Korea Trip Journal: Day 3

Lets continue my journey! ^^ Its's my third day at Seoul. My room mate from Busan, she finish her volunteer service today and will going back to her hometown.ㅠㅠ Even though we know each other for a short period but it's sad to see she's leaving. I gave her a packet of nutmeg/ dried fruit I brought from home. I wish she will always remember me! ^^ She gave me two combination ticket to the palace! Wow! I'm such a lucky girl and yes I plan to visit those palace with my friend today!^^

I plan to meet my friend at 10:00 a.m at Jonggak Station but I'm a bit late ㅠㅠ so we met around 10:30 a.m there. We chat for a while then we heading to Gyeongbokgung Palace. From Jonggak station we just walking to the palace. We passing by Insa-dong, then we heading to Samcheongdong to the palace. Samcheongdong alley is very famous for its ideal location according to the principles of feng-shui. Here you can see beautiful hanok (traditional Korean house), distinctive cafe's and accessory shop.

After about 8-10 minutes walking, we reach the Gyeongbukgung Palace. We go around and snap a lots of photos. Even it was Friday, the palace were full house!! Then at afternoon there is changing guard ceremony and I managed to see the ceremony live!^^ Before this I just saw it on Youtubeㅋㅋㅋ. You can watch its video below. ^^ Then we heading to another palace which is Changdeokgung. This palace was the principle palace for many Joseon Kings.

Before we enter this palace, we met with my friend younger sister. She joined us and we were really enjoyed accompany each other. ^^ She is cute and nice girl. :) At certain point of this palace we need to hike! Owhhh!! Really tiring as it's been so long since my last exercising??ㅋㅋㅋ. Along the way, we saw a very spectacular view of foliage! ^^ Then after we finish the palace we were looking for a restaurant. Since I am Muslim and cannot eat meat (not slaughtered in Islamic way) we choose vegetarian for our lunch.ㅋㅋㅋ After my friend sister making few phone call finally we find the restaurant. Wee ^^

Actually its not really a restaurant, its a temple stay around Jongno. (Can't remember the place name) ㅠㅠ Everything were based on vegetarian menu. Here I had  dubu beoseosjeon gol (두부버섯전골 ) as my lunch. Its a mushroom and tofu stew. After we finish our lunch, my friend's sister need to go home so we separated there. Then my friend and I went to Yongsan Station to buy my KTX ticket for tomorrow plan. Wonder where I'm heading to?? It's secret! Hahhah!!Wait for my next entry ok? :P  We chat for a while then we heading home.

I reach at my guesthouse early. All my room mate were still outside. Finish shower I get a text from my adopted mom asking where I am. Hahha! Quite busy been around here and there until I forgot to reply my adopted mom text!ㅋㅋㅋ. I get ready and met her at Ehwa station. We live nearby, I mean I live at Malaysia and she live at Singapore but we met at Seoul??? Too far??@_@ !! Well both of us love Seoul so much!ㅋㅋㅋ. My adopted mom met her both adopted kids in Seoul however I choose not to meet him. Hahah! Past is past, I just hope everyone is happy, that's all ^^.

Combination Ticket

Samcheongdong 

Gyeongbokgung Palace

Changing Guard Ceremony

Changdeokgung Palace

Changdeokgung Palace

My lunch (밥)

두부버섯전골


p/s: I didn't snap any pictures with my adopted mom! T.T 


Photo Credit: tiniglesias.com








   

No comments:

Post a Comment