Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Korea Trip Journal: Day 4

I had a fun night with my adopted mom ^^ even though it was short! ^^ Long time ago I wished we strolled 3 of us together at Seoul, me, my adopted mom and how should I address him?? Ex-siblings? sounds funny!ㅋㅋㅋ Ahah ex-bf I guess sounds better! lol. Well don't get me wrong I didn't regret about it, just sometimes those memories come back to me.ㅋㅋㅋ Anyway I'm very happy now, with my life and my new love! ^^~

My fourth day journey begun early, as I'm heading somewhere, far from Seoul ^^ Owh I still didn't reveal where I'm heading to right?? Hahhah! Well I'm going to Gwangju to visit one of my closed friend there. ^^ Excited and nervous at the same time!ㅋㅋㅋ Before I left I had to say goodbye to my two room mate ㅠㅠ, as one of them will back to Japan and another one will heading to another city. We finish our goodbye by taking selca three of us at 6:00 a.m!! LOL! Then before heading to Gwangju I went somewhere around Seoul to meet another friend. ^^

It's Saturday and we were meeting at 8:00 a.m!ㅋㅋㅋ! very early isn't it?? Pity him need to wake up early even though he's not working today. LOL! I'm still sleepy while I'm on the way to ride my subway! ㅋㅋㅋ I checked it twice then I just ride in. I'm not sure though! Hahhah! so I ask person next to me! Even its still early lots of people already ride subway,some of them working some might just hang out with family members??

Person sat next to me is ajumma, she's can't speak in English at all but we still managed to communicate with each other!ㅋㅋㅋ She asked someone next to her for confirmation. Then they told me that I'm on right track. Pheww!! Earlier I ride LINE 2 and changed at Euljiro 4(sa)-ga to LINE 5 (purple line). This purple line have two routes, one to Sangil-dong, another one to Macheon

I need to get off at Olympic Park, so when I heard an announcement I prepared to get out however ajumma (person sat next to me) told me not yet, this is not the station!! She thought I'm going to Macheon instead!LOL!! I don't know how to explain to her. I just remember few Korean words ㅠㅠ so I gave a try saying this " 친구 기다리야" (my friend waiting for me here). ㅋㅋㅋ so funny! and people were staring at me! I guess they quite surprised hearing me know how to speak Korean?? or my Korean were so bad??!  I think the second one! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Then I get off and looking for my friend.I met him and we walking together to the Olympic Park. Early in the morning and having a fresh air motivate me!! ^^ Since both of us having our DSLR, today theme is photo shooting day!! We snap a lot of pictures! Due to short time, we couldn't finish touring all over Olympic Park, we just went to 7 part of it, includes meeting plaza,rose garden, sculpture park, global village park, national flags plaza, peace plaza,  and World Peace Gate. Then we heading to subway station and went to Yongsan Station.

Once we reach at Yongsan Station, first thing we did is to make sure the correct platform that for my KTX at 13:20. We plan to had our lunch but unfortunately we can't find any good restaurant there. We just tour inside the Yongsan Station (some sort of shopping plaza) and finally I found a place to grab something. ^^ I was shocked at first, because this chain cafe is originally from my country! I never thought we have branch at Seoul!!! I told my friend "lets try this! I think its different compare to what we had in my country." When we step in and saw the menu, it is!! Back home we only got plain version of this bun/bread () but at Seoul inside the bun, they put something else! They even have two different version! Curry and coconut paste! The original version is plain rotiboy! Owhh I forgot to tell the chain cafe name earlier right?? ㅋㅋㅋ! It's Rotiboy!

We just grab plain rotiboy and Americano. We had our snack and chat for a while. We realized that's its already 12:45! so we heading to my platform! Still have few minutes left so he snap some pictures of me at the platform. ㅋㅋㅋ Then we got on KTX, he help me to carry my bag pack and looking for my seat. Then we separated. This journey will take about 2 hours and 50 minutes. Next to me is a guy whose in military duty. He didn't know to speak in English well but I guess he understand what I'm talking about. ㅋㅋㅋ I just told him "if I fall asleep and we reach the station please wake me up". lol! ^^~~ 

Then we reach at Gwangju Songjeong Station, he promised to help me as I never been here and have no idea about rural area in Korea! I know Gwangju is number 6 metropolitan city in Korea but different area,different people! When we reach there, his girlfriend was waiting for him, from her expression I know that she's surprise to see me!ㅋㅋㅋ. Don't get me wrong! I just asking for his help,ㅋㅋㅋ after he explain to her then they guide me on how to buy Gwangju subway ticket. (T-Money not working here!) ㅠㅠ They even put 200 won for me as I got no coin! lol, what a nice couple! ^^ Then they show me which path should I take :) Sadly I didn't snap any picture with them! ㅠㅠ

Then I ride subway and get off at Ssangchon Station. I come out at Exit 4 and walk straight until I saw the blue bridge, and turn left. After 5 minutes walking I saw my guesthouse! Wee ^^ I made it!! I stay at Namdo hostel. There, I make new friend! She's from Seoul and traveling alone too! Then we went to Gwangju downtown to find a place to eat. Both of us starving! ㅋㅋㅋ. We managed to find the restaurant and become vegetarian again?? lol. Owh the food is!!! 맛있다!supper yummy!! Then we grab some coffee before heading home! 

About to reach our hostel, I got katalk from my closed friend, telling me that he just got home. After katalk for a while we decided to meet as tomorrow he's having class. Well its new city and I'm not really familiar but I told myself  " I can do it! I've travel so far!" so I go out alone and met him at the subway station. ^^ We went to U-Square (bus terminal) He showed me around, how to buy ticket and platform as I ll go to Damyang alone or with my new friend (she's from Seoul) tomorrow.

Then we took cab and went to some other place, he plan to show me one park. He always exercise there but it was too late! The park closed! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ so we heading to DropTop cafe (coffee house) in front of the park and we talk a lot of things there while enjoying our coffee! ^^

Charlie's Angel??

Near to Olympic park

World Peace Gate

My friend

KTX ticket

Gwangju Subway ticket/token

My new friend ^^

Droptop Cafe

p/s: I don't know why my droptop cafe picture turn to be like that! Grrrr.. That night I can't slept well as I'm having THREE cup of coffee in one day?? ㅋㅋㅋ


No comments:

Post a Comment