Friday, October 10, 2014

Event: Hanseong Baekje Cultural Festival

It's October! ^^ Month that full with cultural event or festival in Korea! Be it in metropolitan city or in rural area, its an exciting seasons for local as well for tourist!! Anyone who plan to go to Korea within this month, makes sure to check out October Event Schedules! There are so many events that you can see and perhaps experience yourself? ㅋㅋㅋ

For last week there are few main event held throughout Korea, like the closing ceremony of 17th Asian Games, and Seoul International Firework but I will not talking about those event ㅋㅋ Our focus today is "cultural event"! Of course main cultural will be Korean culture as I'm writing about Korea, however for this weekend "Itaewon Global Village Festival" will start!

This event not only focus about Korean culture but also will be participating by foreign culture (I guess those expatriate who live in Korea will join in)  For anyone who interested to join the event you may refer it here. I'm not sure if any of my Korean friends will attending this event, maybe I should check it out with them!ㅋㅋㅋ

Lets' get back to our topic!ㅋㅋ On last weekend, one of my Seoul Friend had a chance to attend "Hanseong Baekje" Cultural Event at Olympic Park, actually his main plan is to snap firework pictures during this event but it was too cold so he went home.ㅠㅠ Since he went to the place early so he managed to attend Hanseong Baekje Parade.^^

Hanseong Baekje refers to an era between 18 BCE and 275CE of Baekje Kingdom. I read about it but somehow I found out its quite tough to write it here.ㅠㅠ I love history but I'm not Korean ㅋㅋ so I don't know much about it.ㅋㅋㅋ For more information about it read it hereNo need to write much lets see pictures that been snap by my friend. ㅋㅋㅋ














p/s: Even though South Korea known as one of most rapidly changes country these days, they still preserve their tradition, cultural and etc! I guess every country should do that too! ^^

Sources: http://hanseong.songpa.go.kr/eng/03_sub/0301.jsp
               http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=1876904
               http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_2_1.jsp?cid=293186

Photo Credit: My Friend

2 comments:

  1. Hanseong Baekje Cultural Festival!! This festival is very famous in South Korea. It is a great fun attending such festivals. When I attended this event I thought of some colorful NY events that I attend every year with my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I heard and I wish someday I can attend it too! ^^ I envy my friend as he attend it so I ask him about it lol! Of course I would like to join any colorful festival around the world if I get a chance someday. ^^

    ReplyDelete