Friday, June 26, 2015

Life: Ramadhan 2015 in Korea

The most holiest month for Muslim known as Ramadhan had start around the world!  With different area had different duration for fasting I wondered how they doing.ㅋㅋㅋ In most of 4 seasons countries, since its SUMMER seasons their daylight is longer than night,so they had to fasting for more than 15 hours according to their latitude. One of those 4 seasons countries is South Korea! I never had experience fasting abroad so I ask some Malaysians who live there about their life during fasting month of Ramadhan. ^^

By hearing what they said, I'm speechless yet thankful that I didn't have to experience it. (so far) However who knows someday I might experience it too?? O-oㅋㅋㅋ They said as it fall on summer and with high temperature, they rather stayed at home if there is no necessarily of going out!ㅋㅋㅋ They will start fasting around 3.00 a.m until 8 p.m! Its 18 hours! I think if I had to fasting in 4 seasons countries (during SUMMER), for the first day I might can't get off from my bed???ㅋㅋㅋ

Apart from that, there is NO such Ramadhan bazaar like we had over here. They have to cook for their meal (Iftar and Suhur). Practically for me I think its GOOD,ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ as it can save their expenses, plus you get a chance to cook at home with your own creativity!ㅋㅋ (Bear in mind, during fasting month some people might have many demanding for their meal!) ㅋㅋㅋ For Muslim university students and workers there is NO such extraordinary permission like can leaving early or what. That will be another challengers for them while fasting abroad!ㅠㅠ

Living in Islam countries, for Iftar and Suhur we can heard call for prayer, Azan so we don't have to worry about it. However living in countries that Muslim as minority, its quite HARD NOT only to know when is the time for prayer every time plus its quite HARD to find Halal poultry or beef sources. I know some of you might seems it in NEGATIVE way isn't it?? ㅋㅋㅋ However Islam is NOT a HARD religion. For those who have INTEREST in knowing about ISLAM, you can visit nearest mosque and asking. If you are living in KOREA and interested to learn more about Islam, visit this siteMake sure to get information from RELIABLE sources. Owh for MUSLIM who LIVE in Korea, here are schedule for your Iftar (breakfasting) time as well prayer time.  







p/s: Ramadhan Mubaraq for Muslim around the world!Lets  focus more on worship during this holiest month of RAMADHAN. DEAR READERS, forgive me if any my enty ever offended you.Have a great days ahead! ^^


Sources:
http://islamicfinder.org/prayerDetail.php?city=Seoul&state=11&country=south_korea&lang=
http://www.koreaislam.org/en/mainpage/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iftar
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suhur
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhan
My Malaysian Friends

Photos Credit: slideshare.net
                        flickr.com
                        koreatimes.co.kr
                        dwdd.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment