Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Trends: Mask Selfie during MERS???

Since MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) outbreak in South Korea been reported few weeks ago, many of us still blur about it.. Not just us, even scientists also wonder how this virus seems aggressively been spread from human to another human.O-o The fact is this virus is hardly transferred might need to be revised again, as every day we heard that there are new cases. It was reported that 31 fatal due to this outbreak in South Korea alone, highest outbreak outside Saudi Arabia, (the virus originally detected).

I asked some of my Korean friends about precaution they take during this period, most of them said not much.. Not much effect on their daily life, but yes some of them cut down the numbers of daily outing. As we all know that this virus is NOT been transferred via airborne and so far most of cases are hospitals clusters cases. Yet personally, I think public still should take precaution for themselves because there is NO CURE nor VACCINE for this virus! Scientist also still doing research on how its been transmitted.

Malaysia have ONE case of MERS last year, where a man died after back from pilgrimage in Mecca (Saudi Arabia). At that time most of us also have NO idea about it but THANKS to media, our government manage to stop the spread!! Phewww! Our authority released a statement in newspapers and TV news asking for passengers who boarding the same aircraft with the man to go to hospital for checking and quarantine if necessary.

Apart from that, our authority also let public knows on how to prevent it (just in case). We had some experience to another outbreak back in 2003, SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and since that most Malaysian were aware if we had some respiratory syndrome outbreak or cases. Even we don't have many SARS mortality case, yet it stir public fear! Like myself, I'm having one of respiratory problem, so whenever those pandemic cases arise, I've been extra precautions for myself. ㅋㅋㅋ PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE! For myself, I always carry hand sanitizer in my handbag and use it whenever I need. I also wash my hands with soap often.^^  Sometimes if I'm having flu I always wear mask, (even normal flu/cold) this is not only for myself but I don't wanna spread flu/virus to others especially those who had kids. (My office mate) ㅋㅋ 

Another precaution is do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. Always covers your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.  Some people ignored these precaution and thinking that they trust their health/body well, but for me this virus don't care if you are MOST healthy or not. Last time, during SARS outbreak we had one case where a women hardly sick and maintain her health very good yet couldn't make it.. She pass away with SARS. ㅠㅠ Those precaution might seems too much for some people but its BETTER rather to say SORRY later. Since MERS outbreak, I heard that some Korean artist make a NEW trend these days by taking selfie with mask on. I think this action is GOOD as to encourage public to do so!! Below are some Korean artists who wear mask during this critical MERS outbreak!!~








p/s: Anyone can guess who are those Korean artist/celebrity??ㅋㅋㅋ If you can wow 대박 (Daebak), you are Korean idol fanatic fans!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

p/s: Don't get me wrong! I wore it as I have flu that day!ㅋㅋㅋ Cute mask?? One of my Korean friend gave to me as a gift ㅋㅋㅋ!  It's good as its washable mask! ^^ Thanks for this cute mask! You know who you are ^^ ㅋㅋㅋ

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_respiratory_syndrome
              http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/06/mers-cases-south-korea-outbreak-150614012824661.html
              http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201506091604214941999_2

Photo Credit: instagram
                      kpopherald
                      kpopstarz.com
                              

No comments:

Post a Comment