Sunday, January 12, 2014

Guesthouse : Jongno-gu

About 12 years ago, I got to know about South Korea through one of their greatest drama "Winter Sonata". It's just a drama but it captured my heart! After watching it, I told myself  that one day I will visit South Korea and enjoy those beautiful scenery

Years passing by but I haven't get a chance to visit until my cousin a.k.a my childhood best friend asking me this "lets having vacation together!" I ask her where to?? She said "how about Korea???" (She's into K-pop)!ㅋㅋㅋ I told her OK, I will let you know later. :D Then I saw there is flight ticket promotion at Air Asia to Korea! I immediately call her after I check the price! Her reaction was!!! "Are you serious???? Actually I was joking with you".ㅋㅋㅋ 

I still try my best to convinced her, and finally she agreed and look for another 2 companions. When we got the tickets we were very excited! We waiting about almost a year before boarding, I kept busy looking for guesthouse, and with a help from a friend, we managed to book a guesthouse at Jongno-gu area. 

This guesthouse is different from any other ordinary guesthouse because its traditional guesthouse. I guess you guys read about it on my previous entry, hanok. My friend told me "since you coming here from far why don't you experience something different and cannot get at your home country." I agreed and make it as  reservation for our lodging while we in Seoul. ^^

The name of our lodging is Bukchon Guest House. This guesthouse located at Bukchon Hanok Village. Bukchon guesthouse have 3 different houses but its near to each other. ^^  For 5 days we stayed at Bukchon House 3 or known as Joongang Guesthouse. We stayed at Triple A room. For our next 3 days we stayed at Bukchon House 1 for Triple room. 

This area were safe even when we walking late at night. The nearest subway station to this guesthouse is Angguk Station (LINE 3). For those who ever watching Winter Sonata, the school in that drama were located around Bukchon Hanok Village too! ^^ We went there at night since during day we were too busy with our itinerary! I did snap a picture but its not good enough.ㅠㅠ 

Bukchon guesthouse also provide some traditional activities for foreigners with certain amount of charges. The environment around this guesthouse were clean and quiet. Good place to stay especially for those who wanna experience Korean Traditional House lodging. ^^ For more information and reservation, you may refer it here.

Can't reveal our room as it quite messy ㅋㅋㅋ >_<

Looks nice?? When we first reached ㅋㅋ

Our picture with the owner ^^

p/s: The guesthouse owner and staffs were friendly! Do not hesitate to talk to them. ^^ Some attractions near to Jongno-gu is Gyeongbokgung Palace, Insa-dong, Cheongwadae (Blue House) and row of shops within Gahoe-dong, Jae-dong, Samcheong-dong, Gye-dong and Wonseo-dong.  


4 comments:

  1. Hi! Is the bukchon guesthouse 3 Triple A room is good? There's a private bathroom too right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) I just check their website, I guess they have made changes, Bukchon guesthouse 3 is no longer available? At their website, stated only Bukchon House 1, Bukchon House 2, There is triple A room in Bukchon House one, yes with private bathroom, for more information, contact them at here: http://www.bukchon72.com/eng/02.php?sub=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Garden of England boasts a variety of guest houses in Kent for you to cherry-pick from, not to mention a stunning selection of Kent holiday cottages, so you can be sure not to be disappointed. Guest houses in Kent offering en suite accommodation rarely get more characterful than Dr Syns Guest House in Romney Marsh near Dymchurch. Named after Dr Syn, the fictional character created by author Russel Thorndike, this charming 1700s-era guest house with beamed ceilings also serves up home cooked food in their restaurant. Guesthouse booking in Ladysmith

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Garden of England boasts a variety of guest houses in Kent for you to cherry-pick from, not to mention a stunning selection of Kent holiday cottages, so you can be sure not to be disappointed. Guest houses in Kent offering en suite accommodation rarely get more characterful than Dr Syns Guest House in Romney Marsh near Dymchurch. Named after Dr Syn, the fictional character created by author Russel Thorndike, this charming 1700s-era guest house with beamed ceilings also serves up home cooked food in their restaurant. guest house nearby

    ReplyDelete