Monday, February 3, 2014

Korean Food: Japchae (잡채)

It's been so long since my last attempt on Korean cuisine. On last weekend we had a long break as celebrating Lunar New Year@ Seollal, so I decided to give a try on another Korean Cuisine. Weeeee ^^

It's public holiday but I choose to work for personal reason ㅋㅋㅋ. My sister kept bugging me to learn cooking Japchae and most of my siblings coming back home, so I try my best to squeeze my time for making Japchae for them. ㅋㅋㅋ 

At first I wanna learn from my boyfriend but since we had limited time to talk everyday I think I better learnt from Youtube! ㅋㅋㅋ. Below is my Japchae recipe (however I forgot to record step by step!!) so you may refer video I attached below (taken from Youtube), and how does it look? Do you think its yummy??? ㅋㅋㅋ

Ingredients: 

1 bunch of Spinach
1 medium size of carrot
1/2 can of shiitake mushroom (supposedly dried shiitake mushroom) but I can't find it
Starch noodles (dangmyeon)
6-7 green onions
1 red chili
1 onion 
1 pinch of minced garlic

For seasonings:

2 tbs of sesame oil
1/4 cup of soy sauce 
1 tb of goghuchang (pepper)
salt



My Japchae

p/s: Somehow I became Korean Chef at home??? ㅋㅋㅋ Owh did I surpass my boyfriend?? Hahahah! Well I need to taste his dishes soon. ㅋㅋㅋ You may follow step by step according to the video but I exclude egg.

Sources: http://crazykoreancooking.com/recipe/stir-fried-glass-noodles-japchae
              http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/japchae

Video Credit: AngelaMinjiKim


No comments:

Post a Comment