Friday, July 11, 2014

Throwback# Places: Metasequoia Road

Have anyone of you ever imagine strolling along row of line trees like in fairy tale?? I know my start point kind of makes all of you remind those fairy tale we used to listen when we were young ㅋㅋ but hey even we were adult now, there is nothing wrong to think about fairy tale isn't it? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

During my 2013 trip, I've been to this fairy tale land! Well I didn't plan to go there and I have NO idea there is such place like this!Voila! My friend brought me there even at first, we have no idea where is the exactly location. You may read our journal here.ㅋㅋ

The place like in fairy tale that I'm talking about called Metasequoia Road located in Gwangju. Little bit history about this nice place! ^^ Early 1970, Ministry of Internal Affairs officially design the road as boulevard where they planted a row of Metasequoia trees.This road located along National Road No. 24 and its length about 4 kilometers. This beautiful landscape had been selected as one of the MOST beautiful roads in Korea on 2002.

I went to Metasequoia Road during Autumn yet the leaves still green, but I heard if you come over during summer the view will be more spectacular! For more information about Metasequoia Road you may read it here. Below are some collections that I found on the internet regarding Metasequoia Road in four seasons.

Summer

Autumn

Winter





p/s: I can't find pictures of Metasequoia Road during Spring, perhaps the scenery will be similar like in summer?

Sources:  http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=1174192

Photo Credit: Twicsy.com
                     Thesouthkoreatravelguide.com
                     Shutterstock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment