Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Culture: Korean is "San"(산) addicted??!!

What does "san" ()" means?? I think for those who ever visit to Korea were familiar with Hallasan, Sabangsan,Jirisan, Seoraksan, Dobongsan,Namsan, Taebaeksan and etc. All have different names but with one similar word at the last which is "San" and why does it relate to Korean culture??
"San" means mountain. Why mountain is such an important in Korean culture? Does Korean living on mountain?? ㅋㅋ Well in this modern society, its hard to find people living on mountain, maybe in rural area??ㅋㅋ For Korean, hiking is one of most popular activities among them, be it a child, youth or old generation; hiking is known that something blend with their life, history.

Since autumn is on, it is a perfect time for hiking! Normally Korean will hiking during spring or autumn as the weather is lovely. ^^ During summer some will hiking but summer heat makes them prefer to throw themselves in ocean rather than sun bathing while hiking!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

During my trips to Korea, I never had a chance to hiking. Actually there is a time I can hike but I choose not to, because I felt I'm not fit enough to hiking! ㅋㅋㅋ I wish to experience it at least once in my life but not a very high mountain ㅋㅋㅋ because I'm afraid I will troubling people who go hiking with me.ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Hiking is good for body and mind. There are research showing that hiking is a powerful cardio workout as it can lower your chances of having heart disease, improve your blood pressure and blood sugar levels. It also help build strength the muscle in your hips and lower legs.

Those whose thinking on how to control your weight, hiking is the perfect activities for you! NO wonder its hard to find OBESITY within Korean society, I didn't say there are none but its hard to find. ㅋㅋㅋ Most of them were fit!  Wonder how Korean women can wear high heel while walking all over the place even at small mountain?? It is because their environment, land structure and they were familiar with hiking activities! ㅋㅋ







p/s: Thanks to my friend for his hiking collection pictures! Can I expect more pictures after this? ㅋㅋ :P


Source: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/hiking-body-mind  

Photo Credit: My friend
                      www.mikelaagan.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment