Monday, September 1, 2014

Culture: Korean were addicted to COFFEE??!!!

As I sat alone at office suddenly my mind kept thinking about COFFEE! Coffee? What is the relation of coffee to my blog???! Actually I'm NOT a fan of coffee,wait I think I need to re-write that phrase!ㅋㅋㅋ That was long time ago before I went to Korea!ㅋㅋㅋ During my first trip to Korea on 2012, we saw lots of cafe around Seoul, but we NEVER stop by at any. I don't know why we don't though ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Then when I start to fall in love with coffee??

It happen during my 2013 trip!! I read about Korean culture, where after dinner, normally they went to cafe for coffee, dessert or they heading to noraebang (노래방) (karaoke). However I never had a chance for all these!ㅋㅋ I met few of my Korean friends for first and second day (2013 trip) but we didn't stop by at any cafeㅋㅋㅋ maybe because we were rushing to somewhere else. Ahhh rushing to get a jacket/sweater! ㅋㅋㅋ

Then when it happen? My first coffee addicted begins before I went to Gwangju! I met a Korean friend somewhere at Olympic Park. After snap a lots of pictures, we were looking for a place to have our lunch but we can't find any. ㅠㅠ At that time we were at Yongsan Station, as I need to catch my KTX to Gwangju, we don't have enough time to look for our proper lunch. Out of blue I saw Roti Boy! I guess most Malaysian known Roti Boy don't you?? It had one branch at Seoul?? Yes it is!! First time saw it I was like NO WAY! Is it the same brand? Maybe I'm dreaming??!ㅋㅋㅋ.

After I pass by the cafe, then I realized it is!!! Its our cafe chain!!As Malaysian, I'm proud seen it! ㅋㅋㅋ Without thinking much, I told my friend, lets try it! We tried Roti boy and Americano! This is how my coffee addicted begins! I also learn about Korean coffee addicted from my friend!He told me Korean went for coffee/tea for meeting a friend, studying, dating, loafing and etc ㅋㅋ, no wonder there are thousand cafe around Korea!!ㅋㅋ For that particular day, I had three time coffees! All from different coffee chain!ㅋㅋㅋ I will write about those coffee chain in different entry! :P







p/s: Anyone can guess what is my favorite coffee?? Join me for having a cup of coffee?? :P

Photo Credit: italiangoodnews.com
                     bitrebels.com
                     which.co.uk
                     candydreamland.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment