Friday, June 28, 2013

Korean Food: Only Available during SUMMER???

Summer came again!!! Owhh its already a year! T.T I experienced early summer at Korea on 2012. I thought it would be a bit chilly and not heating much compared to my lovely country but I was WRONG!! o_O!!! The temperature is slightly low compared to my country, its around 23-28 degrees. However its felt like living in desert!! 

Believe me or not, compared to my country, even though the degree is around 31-36 Celsius we didn't felt like living at desert!! After figure out what was the reason, then I found out something. It is because of the cloud. At Korea there are less cloud, it's just blue sky while at my country there are lots of cloud and that's create humid or mist. 

Normally during hot weather, people will grab ice cream to cooling themselves. Yes most of Korean do that too but do you know that there is special dessert during SUMMER at Korea?? and most Korean prefer that rather than ice cream! They called it as Patbingsoo. :D These days there are lots of modern version patbingsoo but make sure to try the original version! Most of my Korean friends told me that the original one taste better. However I know every people have their own preference. How about trying both??? That's sound better isn't it?? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

The original patbingsoo consist of ice shaving and sweetened  azuki bean known as pat (). For modern version, some vendors topped ice shaving with ice cream, frozen yogurt, sweetened condensed milk, fruits syrup, fruits such as kiwi, strawberries, bananas,small pieces of tteok (rice cake) chewy jelly bits and cereal flakes. If you plan to do it at home you also can put chocolate bar or cookies. 

Actually at my country, we have our own version. This dessert seems similar with patbingsoo but we called it as "Ais Kacang or Air batu campur". For our version, we put nuts,lychee, jelly grass, "cendol", corn and lots more as it topped. ^^.. Both were nyum nyum!!! Different version of dessert yet with the same purpose! 

Original patbingsoo


modern patbingsoo

original ais kacang

modern ais kacang

p/s:  If you travel to South Korea and Malaysia, grab those out when you get a chance!! Supper Yummy!!! ^^

Sources: 

Photo sources: seoulistic.com
                      :10mag.com
                      :hotels.net.my
                      :bungakantancorner.blogspot.com

   

1 comment:

  1. Emeset 4mg Tablet is an antiemetic drug. It works by preventing a chemical courier's action in the mind that may cause sickness and vomiting during cancer therapy or after a medical procedure.

    ReplyDelete