Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Korea Trip Journal: Day 10

Having a good rest while travelling is important! However when we travelling, 24 hours seems really short isn't it?? If you were having honeymoon trip of course you can rest a lot compare to back packing!ㅋㅋㅋ. For me when I'm travelling I don't bother much about resting instead I kept walking! ㅋㅋㅋ

My day start again! ^^ Before this I kept meeting my friends since I have so many Korean friends?? LOL For today I challenge myself to travel alone in Seoul!! Well of course I will meet friends for lunch but at morning I will explore Seoul alone by myself! ^^ Since I have two more days left, I need to do some souvenir shopping!^^

I brought my subway map and with a limited information from my friend, I'm heading to Hongdae.. I'm looking for souvenirs but why I went to Hongdae?? Namdaemun, Insa-dong and Dongdaemun is the best place for souvenirs lover but I choose Hongdae??? Have you ever heard about Daiso shop??? Yes it is actually a Japanese shop but still they selling some Korean stuff too. ^^

This is my second trip so I decided to get my family members something different compare to my last trip! Last time I get key-chain and lots of souvenirs stuff so why would I buy the same things for them?! I reach Hongdae and wandering around looking for Daiso shop. I thought it would be near to the main street but I couldn't find it!!

I try using my smartphone to locate it yet I failed!ㅋㅋ I asked someone but they also don't know where is it. Someone show me the direction but only near to the main road. ㅋㅋㅋ. Then I try to ask someone for the last time. The funny things is I automatically speaking in Korean??? Just short sentence but this is my first time ever having a conversation in Korean and I'm using proper sentence! LOL!!

Unfortunately she also have no idea where is the shop!ㅋㅋㅋ At the end I try to trust my gut, I just walk along the shop and finally I found it!!! Yay!!!! Then when I went inside, my eyes was @_@!!! I start picking stuff there for my family members and friends. Too many!! Hahhaha!! My basket were full with gifts for them! Quite heavy!! Then I realized its time for me to heading to Itaewon for meeting my friend.

I ride subway and contact my friend. He's Malaysian and living at Seoul as his wife working there. We met at Itaewon and having lunch together. He brought his wife, sister in law and their son. Seeing his son makes me miss my niece back home! ㅠㅠ We ate Indian cuisine and this is the first time I had chicken while I'm at Korea!! ^^

After having our lunch and conversation, its time for me to go. I went off and decided to go to Namdaemun. Once I reach there, again I take out my office mate list, (they ask me to buy for them).Some of shoppers try to attract me to go into their shop but I just smile and kept walking. When I saw things that my office mate listed, only then I will visit the shop. I do this because I'm controlling myself!! ㅋㅋㅋ!!

However yes I bought something too at Namdaemun. I failed to control my shopping lust!! LOL My hands were full with plastic bags and its heavy!! I forgot to bring shopping bag so I need to buy one. ㅋㅋ I put everything inside shopping bag and start shopping again!!! LOL .Finally I felt exhausted and its peak hours! I decided to go home as tomorrow I need to go out early for meeting my friend. :D

Daiso 

Some stuff in Daiso

with my Malaysian friends

with their son ^^

Namdaemun

Korean Traditional Candy, can't remember it name! >_<

p/s: Since I'm staying in Korea for more than a week, its quite familiar for me to getting around. No more nervous! ㅋㅋㅋ Some of my friends telling me "wow you going around without doubt..like a Pro, seems like living in Seoul for a long time??" I just laughing hearing that!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ






No comments:

Post a Comment